ANTIGUA SAILING WEEK 2013: LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGINThursday 18th April 2013
Dear Skippers and Crew, friends and party goers,
With less than two weeks to go until Antigua Sailing Week we wanted to make sure you have all the information at your finger tips to enjoy a superb Antigua Sailing Week 2013 so here goes for the......
10. HAVE YOU ENTERED? - Racing begins with the optional Yachting World Round Antigua Race on Saturday, April 27. The full week of racing will begin the following day on Sunday, April 28 and will end on Friday, May 3, with Wednesday, May 1 off as Lay Day. 103 boats have entered to date, if you haven’t, now is the time to do so as class allocations will begin soon. Enter online at www.regattaguru.com/asw .
9. HAVE YOU PAID? - If you’ve already submitted your online entry, please assist us in speeding up the registration process by submitting your payment online now. Payment can be made by Visa or MasterCard. Simply log into www.regattaguru.com/asw , click on ‘My Fees’ on the top menu bar and submit your credit card details. You will receive a confirmation when your payment has been processed.
Photo of Ambersail by Kevin Johnson
8. CAN'T COME? - Have you already submitted your online entry but find you are now unable to participate? Please assist us by either deleting your online entry or letting us know that you won’t be racing. That will help us to create appropriate class allocations.
7. INFORMATION - Tomorrow morning we open our temporary information booth set up upstairs in the new building at Antigua Yacht Club from 9 am to 4 pm (not open Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st) during the period from April 16, 2013 until the Committee Desk opens on Thursday, April 25. Look for the signs directing you to the ASW information booth.
6. DOCKYARD INFORMATION - New this year will be an information booth located in Nelson’s Dockyard from Thursday, April 25, 2013 until the close of Antigua Sailing Week. Important notices and general information will be posted on a notice board at the information booth and volunteers will be on hand to answer any questions you may have throughout the week. Information booth hours will be Thursday, April 25 and Friday, April 26, 10 am to 3 pm; Saturday, April 27, 9 am to 5 pm; Sunday, April 28 through Friday, May 3, 8 to 10 am and 2 to 5 pm, with the exception of Lay Day Wednesday, May 1, 10 am to 2 pm.
5. BAREBOAT BRIEFING - There will be no general skippers’ briefing but there will be a bareboat briefing held in Nelson’s Dockyard on the afternoon of Saturday, April 27. The time and exact location are yet to be confirmed. Go to the website www.sailingweek.com for confirmation of time and location or check the notice boards at Antigua Yacht Club or in Nelson’s Dockyard.
4. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS AND RACE SCHEDULE - OK, if you reached this far its time to read the Sailing Instructions and check the schedule. If you have any questions, just email us at email@example.com or ask at the information booths during the week. Check out all the race documents right here.
3. FLYING FROM WITHIN THE CARIBBEAN? - if you are travelling by air from any Caribbean destination, book your ticket with LIAT up until Friday 26th April and you will receive the official ASW discount. All you need to do to qualify is email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and boat name and you will receive the promo code to use at http://www.liat.com/
2. STAY CONNECTED - Antigua Sailing Weeks official communication sponsors Digicel has super fast internet available on a pay as you go basis, as well as sim cards, affordable handsets and top ups. Visit their booth at the Antigua Yacht Club on arrival to ensure you can stay connected at home and while in Antigua. Digicel will also be providing a free internet service to boats based in Nelson's Dockyard.
1. GET READY TO PARTY - our strapline is Where Sailing Comes First, so that means the parties must be later. We have a huge line up for you throughout the week. Parties take place at Cloggy's @ the Antigua Yacht Club, in historic Nelson's Dockyard and on sunny Pigeon Beach. Check out the week's schedule and come ready to party!
Click here for all News and Specials for Antigua Sailing Week