EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNTS FOR CHRISTMAS CARIBBEAN RALLYThursday 20th December 2012
Photo compliments of Sailing Rallies Ltd.
We are pleased to introduce you to a NEW Transatlantic Rally called ‘The Christmas Caribbean Rally (CCR)’ run by an exciting new UK based business - Sailing Rallies Ltd.
The rally will leave from Marina Rubicon, Lanzarote on December 16th 2013 and arrive in the beautiful marina at Jolly Harbour early in the New Year. Unlike some other transatlantic rallies, the CCR departs later in the season when the trade winds are likely to be well established and leaves more than enough time for skippers and crews to make the most of the whole of the Caribbean sailing season. This does mean that participants will spend the festive season at sea!
This is already proving to be a popular choice for families and groups of friends who want to do something ‘different’ for Christmas next year! What could be more different than spending Christmas with your loved ones, on your boat, crossing the ocean?
Although new, this is already becoming a very popular rally, and we hope that by introducing you at this early stage, you will be able to take advantage of the early booking discount (available until 28th February) and the many fantastic savings you will be eligible for as CCR participants. Unusually, the entry fee is inclusive for the whole boat, so there are no extra fees to pay per skipper or crew members!
The CCR is run by experienced ocean sailors who, along with the staff at Marina Rubicon and Jolly Harbour, will ensure this is an event that should not be missed. As ever, spaces are limited so it is recommended to book early.
Here is just a snippet of what’s included in the entry:
• Well set up and organised Christmas rally by professional and experienced ocean sailors, on hand to assist and advise on all aspects of ocean cruising
• Use of our interactive website which will keep you abreast of the rally and the other participants
• Free 2 day preparation weekend with experienced speakers covering boat and equipment preparation, provisioning, weather and routing, the passage south and making the most of your stay in the Canaries. What to expect in the Caribbean and how to plan your trip. Choose from 2 available dates in the UK in spring 2013 before departure. Free for all registered skippers and crew (does not include overnight accommodation)
No Hidden Extras
• One fixed price for your boat - no additional charges for crew members
• Event flag, stickers and boat number
• Free polo shirts for every crew member
• Two festive party packs – one each for Christmas day and New Year’s to help celebrate in style on your passage
• Social aspect of an Atlantic crossing in company
• Social network to meet other crews and boats before arriving in Lanzarote
• Comprehensive information on the Canaries, Caribbean, the crossing and safety requirements
• 8 days free berthing in top quality marinas (5 days in Marina Rubicon Lanzarote, 3 days in Jolly Harbour marina, Antigua)
• 7 days free berthing for all rally entrants in Port Louis Marina, Grenada (subject to conditions)
• Up to 50% off berthing fees for longer stays in the Canaries and the Caribbean
• Discounts on any purchases from online chandlers Marine Store
• Further discounts on chandlery in the Canaries, and in the Caribbean
• Discounts on yard fees including lift outs and day rates in the Canaries, Antigua and Grenada
• Discounts at the supermarket, golf course, local hotels and car hire local to Marina Rubicon
During the crossing
• Organised radio net and Iridium text programme enabling position reporting
• Weather forecasting
• GPS tracker loaned to each boat for the duration of the rally linked to our website with regular position update
• Easy upload for your photos and blogs to our integrated website
• Action-packed social programme before the rally, in Lanzarote
• Well organised, entertaining activities for children and youths
• Welcoming reception committee when you arrive in Antigua
• Full social programme after arrival in Antigua including presentations on Caribbean cruising and end of event closing ceremony
For all information please visit the Sailing Rallies website, www.sailingrallies.com or to speak to one of their experienced and friendly team members on +44 845 257 5004.
Click here for all News and Specials for AntiguaNice Yachting Insider Newsletter