TRISKELL CUP 2011 NOTICE OF RACEMonday 17th October 2011
Name of the race : TRISKELL CUP 2011
Dates : October, 29th – 31st
Location : Petit Cul de Sac Marin and Gosier Bay, Guadeloupe
Organized by : The TRISKELL organization
The TRISKELL CUP is an official regatta of the French Sailing Association (FFV) organized in Guadeloupe by the TRISKELL organization. The final scoring will be the result of all validated races. The regatta will be governed by :
• The rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS)
• The national prescriptions applying to foreign competitors, as defined in the appendix “Possible prescriptions”
• The federal championship rules
• The IRPCAS part B, section 2, when it substitutes for the rules of the RRS, chapter 2
• The rules as defined by the Caribbean Sailing Association (CSA)
• This Notice of Race, the Cruising Race instructions, their appendices and the possible additional clauses
• When translated in other languages, the French text of this Notice of Race will take precedence
In accordance with ISAF Regulation 20, modified by the FFV rules, boats may be required to display advertising provided by the organizing authority.
3. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
3.1 The regatta is open for registration to all boats complying with their national authority, designed in Category C, with CE marking or, for boats built before this marking, to those with a certification of Cruising Category 3 at least.
The boats must be equipped with the safety equipment expected for the coastal cruising.
The foreign boats must be complying with their current national rules.
3.2 The regatta is open for all boats racing under the French HN handicap, CSA, MK2000 and beach catamarans rules as long as adequate safety measures are taken.
3.3 Eligible boats can register in advance on the website: www.triskellcup.com
3.4 Competitors (each crew member) living in France must show upon registration :
- their valid FFV certificate, with the medical check stamp and a parental authorization for people younger than 18
- if necessary, the upgrading certificate duly filled
- if necessary, the authorization for the display of advertising
- the rating certificate or conformity certificate
Foreign competitors without an FFV certificate must justify their affiliation to a national authority, member of ISAF.
3.5 Classes allowed to race
1. Monohulls Class 40
2. Cruising monohulls (coastal - HN)
3. Cruising monohulls (spinnaker 1 and 2 – CSA)
4. Class 8 and Surprise monohulls (one-design sailing, loose lifelines)
5. Cruising multihulls (MULTI2000)
6. Cruising multihulls
7. Beach catamarans
The entry fee is :
- 60 Euros per crew member for the entire regatta (including a finger food buffet on Saturday and an evening meal on Sunday, breakfast on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, as well as the show).
- 20 Euros for the evening meal for all persons who do not race.
A special fare will be offered for people younger than 18, who race on a club boat.
5.1 Confirmation of registration at the Marina Yacht Club, Marina Bas-du-Fort, Pointe-à-Pitre, on Tuesday, 26th. and Wednesday, 27th. of October, from 5pm.
The deadline for the non-resident competitors is the 28th. of October at 6pm.
5.2 Racing days
Saturday, October, 29th : 8am / Briefing – 10am / First race start (other races)
Sunday, October, 30th : 10am / First race start (other races)
Monday, October, 31st : 9am / First race start (possible other races)
6. RACING INSTRUCTIONS
Racing instructions and the possible appendices will be available when confirming the registration and posted according to the FFV rules.
All races will be coastal courses. Special courses for the Class 40 boats.
8. PENALTY SYSTEM
8.1 For classes racing under the 44.1 rule the 720° penalty is replaced by the 360°penalty.
8.2 Replacement penalties for infractions to rules others than those under chapter 2 :
One infraction to rules other than chapter 2 and rules 28 and 31 can, after instruction, reach 10% disqualification time.
9.1 Results validation requires at least 2 races.
9.2 Application of handicaps will be made on a time-on-time system.
9.3 The Low Point scoring system will apply.
9.4 Provisional results will be posted in the evening
10. RADIO COMMUNICATION
Except in an emergency, a boat shall neither make radio transmissions while racing nor receive radio communications not available to all boats. This restriction also applies to mobile telephones.
All boats must have a working VHF radio on board for reception and transmission.
Prizes will be awarded on Monday, October 31st from 6pm : 10 000 Euros in purchase vouchers.
12. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
Foreign competitors without an F.F.V. certificate must provide a liability insurance which covers up to 1.5 million Euros damages.
14. EXTRA INFORMATION
For further information, please contact :
ASSOCIATION LE TRISKELL
15, POIRIERS de la MARINA
97110 POINTE A PITRE
Jean Michel MARZIOU : + 590.690.495.757
Enjoy your 2011 TRISKELL Cup regatta!
Click here for all News and Specials for AntiguaNice Yachting Insider Newsletter