WARRIORS CUP 2011 PROMISES EXCITING AND COMPETITIVE FOOTBALL AND PLAYER DEVELOPMENTMonday 4th July 2011
Young Warriors Football Club (YWFC) announces the seventh staging of the annual Warriors Cup tournament which will be played in two categories from August 4-28, 2011 at three separate venues in Antigua and Barbuda.
Organisers say like last year the competition will feature a Youth Cup – involving Under 13, Under 15 and Under 17 sides for boys and girls – from August 4-14 at the John Hughes Playing Field (JHPF).
The open Championship Cup for the prestigious Warriors Cup is to be staged from August 20-26 at the English Harbour Playing Field (EHPF) where the preliminary round and quarter-finals will be contested. The Final Four (semi-finals and final) will take place on August 27 & 28 at the Antigua Recreation Ground (ARG).
Invitations have already been sent out to Antiguan and overseas clubs to participate in both aspects of the tournament and some national clubs have already confirmed their participation. Interested teams have until July 15 to indicate their desire.
Another highlight to the programme will be the convening of a Youth Development Camp from August 15-19 under the tutelage of Antiguan and overseas coaches who will be named soon at John Hughes. The camp will cater for boys and girls between the ages of 9-17 years to further enhance and hone the continued development of their technical abilities.
The Warriors Cup, a grassroots programme endorsed by the Antigua Barbuda Football Association (ABFA), provides an opportunity for the youth to engage themselves in a meaningful, productive and career-building event as they develop and mould their young minds and talents.
A& R Smitty, formerly Goldsmitty, are the defending Warriors Cup champions. The age group winners were Young Warriors-Under 17 and Future King of Pigotts – Under 13 and Under 15.
For further information and details, clubs can email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 786-0115.
Warriors Cup 2011
Buckley’s, PO Box 2946, St John’s, Antigua & Barbuda
Tel: (268) 460-258 (h), 562-7271 (o) Mobile: (268) 726-2165 (D), 786-0115 (L)
WARRIORS CUP 2011
7TH ANNUAL TOURNAMENT
SUMMER’S BEST SOCCER TOURNAMENT from AUGUST 4-14 – YOUTH CUP
- U13 (born on or before Aug. 31,1998)
- U15 (born on or before Aug. 31, 1996)
- U17 (born on or before Aug. 31, 1994)
- Boys & Girls
- Venue: John Hughes Playing Field
- Kick-off Time: 2pm
AUGUST 15-19 – YOUTH DEVELOPMENT CAMP
- 50 Boys & Girls (10-17yrs)
- Camp will run from 10am-3pm
- Venue: John Hughes Playing Field
- England and Antiguan coaches to conduct sessions
AUGUST 20-28 – CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
- Men’s & Women’s categories
- Venue: English Harbour Playing Field
- Kick-off Time: 4:30pm
August 27 & 28 – Semi-Final & Finals
- Venue: Antigua Recreation Ground
- Champions – US$400.000 (each age group)
- Runners-up – US$200.00 (each age group)
- Champions – US$1,000.00
- Runners-up – US$500.00
- Competitive matches
- Trophies, Medals, Prizes
- Friendly Atmosphere
Teams invited from:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- United States
Antigua & Barbuda offers:
- Home of 365 beaches (white & pink sand)
- Historical sites and tropical scenery
- Top-class and affordable resorts, hotels, guesthouses
- Warm hospitality and friendly people
- Sun, Sea & Sand
- Entertainment (Calypso, Soca, Reggae Music)
- Night-Life (Clubs & Discos)
- Delicious Food & Drinks (Restaurants, Bars, Street Vendors)
Mobile contact: (268) 786-0115 (m), 726-2165 (m)
Phone: 562-7271 (o)
Fax: (268) 562-7271
Click here for all News and Specials for Education, Sports, Gender & Youth Affairs