FUNDING AND RELIEF FOR DOMINICAFriday 22nd September 2017
Updated on October 12, 2017 at 2:00 PM: Our Southern island friends in Dominica were hit by Hurricane Maria on Monday evening, a category 5 storm on the Saffir-Simpson scale. The hurricane has literally devastated the island and electricity and communication systems are down and expected to be so for months to come.
The Government of Dominica has established a hotline at the Emergency: Operation Centre (EOC) to register their queries, concerns and seek clarification on all matters in regards to Post Hurricane Maria efforts. Hotline Telephone Numbers: 1-767-277-8667; 1-767-285-0989; 1-767-614-3000. Persons can also contact the EOC at the following email address: email@example.com
If you have a family member or friend that attends Ross University, you can make contact via their 24-hour hotline based in Florida: 1-800-488-8790 or message via Facebook page for information while others can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's how you can support relief efforts across the island of Dominica:
MAKE MONETARY DONATIONS :
- Dominica Hurricane Maria Relief Fund, a JustGiving fundraising page by the Dominica London High Commission. All proceeds from the fund will go directly to the communities affected.
- Rotary District 7030's Disaster Recovery Fund set up in response to the devastation caused by Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria impacting Barbuda and Dominica specifically.
District 7030 covers a diverse geography and encompasses a variety of cultures and languages - English, French and Dutch are all spoken in countries. In addition, there are several Rotaract Clubs and many Interact Clubs within each country and all are delivering tremendous service to our communities. For further information on District 7030 contact: District 7030 District 7030 Governor: Waddy Sowma, email:email@example.com or call 011-597-858-4588 and Past District Governor Davis Edwards, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 246-230-9678
For any information about the official fundraising efforts, please contact:
- High Commission in London at email@example.com or 020 7370 5194
- Consulate General in New York at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-949-0853
- Permanent Mission in New York at email@example.com or 212-599-8478
- Honorary Consulate in Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe, 21 rue Gambetta, 590 82 01 57
- Frances DelSol, Trade & Investment Commissioner for Dominica in Toronto at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-578-6649
DONATE NON-PERISHABLE SUPPLIES:
- New York: Donate from the preferred donation list via the Dominica Consulate General & Dominica Permanent Mission
- Brooklyn Drop Off at St. Lucia House 438 E 49 Brooklyn, NY 11203. Contact Aldona Prosper: 646 642 0133
- Bronx Drop Off at Japs Auto Clinic 770 S Columbus Ave. Mt. Vernon, NY 10550. Contact George Karam: 646 342 5253
- Maryland and Virginia: Donate supplies such as canned food, baby food and cleaning items that are urgently needed at the following locations.
3143 Hutchinson Way, Silver Spring, MD 20906, 5109
Baltimore Avenue, Hyatsville, MD 201781, 9212 Ponce Place, Fairfax, VA 22301
Potomac Baptist Church 201747 Lowes Island Blvd, Sterling VA 20165.
For inquiries: Embassy of the Commonwealth of Dominica. 100 19thStreet N.| Suite 1220| Arlington, VA 22209| 571.527.1370| email@example.com
i) Ondeck in collaboration with the Antigua & Barbuda Marine Association, Creole Antigua Tours and Adventure Antigua Tours have made deliveries to the disaster recovery team in Portsmouth. If you have any queries or make an in-kind donation, please call using contact information on respective pages. The Antigua & Barbuda Marine Association is the private sector organization which is the unified voice of the yachting industry in Antigua and Barbuda.
We will continue to update this page as we receive more information and if you're organizing a relief effort, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for all News and Specials for Causes@antiguanice.com