POLICY ON THE MANAGEMENT OF COVID-19Thursday 30th September 2021
Amended Policy on the Management of COVID-19 - Office of The Prime Minister Antigua and Barbuda
The restrictions placed on restaurants on September 18th, allowing take-out only, will continue for two more weeks. The closure of gyms, clubs and bars will continue for at least two more weeks, depending upon a reduction of the number of infected people reported each week.
Restrictions on social gathering:
(1) Except as provided herein, no person shall attend any private or public gathering having more than ten (10) persons;
(2) All funeral services and wedding ceremonies, howsoever and wheresoever conducted, shall be limited to a maximum of twenty-five (25) persons, except on the occasion of a state or official funeral, and all protocols shall be observed at all times.
(3) A law enforcement officer is authorised to disband any gathering in contravention of subparagraphs (1) or (2);
(4) A person commits an offence if contrary to subparagraph (1) he or she –
(a) Being the owner of the premises, host any party, fete or other social gathering;
(b) Permits any person to host a party, fete or other social gathering at premises under his or her control;
(c) Organises any party, fete or other social gathering;
(d) Attends any party, fete or other social gathering, and is liable on summary conviction to a fine of $5,000.00 or to imprisonment for six (6) months or to both such fine and imprisonment.
(5) A person may attend meetings of a fraternal society, social or private club, civic organisation or association, such as the Rotary Club, Lions Club or Optimist Club, provided that the members present do not exceed twenty-five (25) persons and social distancing protocols are observed and persons wear a face mask.
Permitted Use of Beaches:
(1) No person is permitted to picnic, consume alcohol, food or play music on any beach for the duration of these regulations.
(2) A person is permitted to utilise the beaches only for a therapeutic purpose on Mondays to Fridays between the hours of 5:00am and 5:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays between the hours of 5:00 am and 12:00 noon.
(3) Sailing is permitted for the purpose of fishing, provided there are no more than five (5) persons on board the sailing vessel and, in any event, persons on board the vessel are able to practice social distancing protocols by maintaining a distance of six (6) feet between occupants at all times.
No person is permitted to utilise the beach on a public holiday.
Prohibition on excursions to off-shore islands used for recreational purposes:
(1) All excursions around the coastal waters of Antigua and Barbuda, pleasure craft fetes, parties and other entertainment events and excursions to the off-shore islands in and around the waters of Antigua and Barbuda are prohibited.
(2) A person found in contravention of subparagraph (1) commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine of $5,000.00.
The full amended policy can be found here.
Below features September 17, 2021 policy.
Click here for all News and Specials for What's On