WHALE WATCHING IN PANAMATuesday 18th October 2011
Adventure Antigua goes to Panama's Whale Watching Conference, but with a slight change of plans. Find out what has changed here.
The conference "is a first attempt to bring together marine resource operators and managers from the Wider Caribbean Region (WCR).
It will include 4 days of hands-on training and discussions in order to:
- Discuss the formulation of an overarching code of conduct for observing marine mammals in the WCR;
- Assess the extent of problems and needs, and identify opportunities for improvement of existing marine mammal watching operations;
- Identify new areas that might support marine mammal watching activities;
- Document existing marine mammal educational materials; and
- Standardize data collection forms used by operators.
and to facilitate the conservation of marine mammals and contribute to the Action Plan for the Conservation of Marine Mammals in the Wider Caribbean."
Let's hope they have a whale of a time in Panama, literally! Read the entire Adventure Antigua blog post here.
Click here for all News and Specials for Adventure Antigua Tours