JOB OPPORTUNITY IN CONSULTING Tuesday 6th November 2012
The National Office of Disaster Services (NODS) is seeking the services of a consultant to develop a National Comprehensive Disaster Management (CDM) Policy and Strategy for Antigua and Barbuda.
The Specific Objectives of the consultancy are:
- To guide the adaptation of the model national CDM Policy following a highly participatory process
- To guide the development of a national CDM Strategy and Plan of Action that supports the achievement of the goals and objectives of the national CDM Policy.
The Consultant should have the following skills:
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in International Development and/or Policy Analysis/Development or in a related field
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in Policy and Strategy Development.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in development and review of strategic planning in the Caribbean region.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in Disaster and Environmental Management.
- Experience in working at policy level of the public service in the Caribbean region will be a distinct advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in stakeholder participation techniques and facilitation of workshops
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills in the field of policy and strategy development and implementation/management
- Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Enhanced CDM Strategy is a distinct asset.
Interested individuals should submit applications to the National Office of Disaster Services, American Road. If you wish you can do so via email at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 19, 2012.
Click here for all News and Specials for National Office of Disaster Services