JOHNNIE WALKER PRESS CONFERENCE AT QPCCFriday 3rd June 2011
As part of the ongoing ‘Be a Giant, Don’t Drink and Drive campaign’, Johnnie walker will be holding a Press Conference at the Brydens / Johnnie Walker Box - VIP box entrance at the corner of St Claire Avenue and Havelock Street at 1400Hrs to announce the winner of their facebook campaign and announce their collaboration with the PTSC to put on FREE shuttle-buses for fans on Saturday June 4 from 0600Hrs.
JOHNNIE WALKER – T&T FACEBOOK PAGE
As part of the ongoing ‘Be a Giant campaign’, Johnnie Walker Giant Sir Viv Richards and local Giant Shaka Hislop launched the Johnnie Walker Facebook page - facebook.com/johnniewalkertandt
- This page encouraged users to sign up and pledge their support to the Johnnie Walker Don’t Drink and Drive campaign
- Running for little under a month, over 3,000 locals of Trinidad and Tobago joined the group and pledged to ‘Be a Giant: Don’t Drink and Drive’
- Running alongside the facebook group, Johnnie Walker gave the fans a chance to enter a competition to bowl the Ceremonial ball at Sir Vivian Richards before the Digicel Pearls T20 match against India on Saturday, June 4th.
LUCKY WINNER SELECTED TO BOWL AT SIR VIVIAN RICHARDS
- On the day of the Digicel Pearls T20 match against India, (Winner to be announced Thursday June 2nd) will step out on to the hallowed Queens Park turf to bowl a delivery at the Master Blaster
- Of the thousands of that made the special commitment to join the Johnnie Walker Facebook page and pledge to ‘Be a Giant: Don’t Drink and Drive’, winner was selected to bowl the ceremonial first ball to Sir Vivian, in front of a packed Queens Park Oval.
winner will also receive VIP tickets to watch the game with Sir Viv and Shaka from an exclusive box and signed memorabilia, before attending an elite Johnnie Walker after party.
FREE TRANSPORT FOR FANS TO THE T20
- Coinciding with Digicel Pearls T20 match against India; Johnnie Walker, in conjunction with The Public Transport Service Corporation (PTSC), is proud to continue its ‘Be A Giant: Don’t Drink & Drive’ campaign with the launch of a Free Bus Shuttle service on Saturday, June 4th, with shuttles commencing from 6am.
- In Divali Nagaar, Chaguanas the most central area of the country, Cricket fans and Consumers will have the opportunity to ride a Johnnie Walker Shuttle Bus to and from the Queen’s Park Oval, with complimentary water also provided.
- Consumers and Cricket fans alike can achieve their own Giant status by taking the bus, and in doing so; support the campaign that aims to change attitudes towards drink driving in the Caribbean market.
Click here for all News and Specials for Sports, Trade, Industry and Commerce & Culture