CHRISTMAS CARD COMPETITIONWednesday 23rd September 2015
The Halo Foundation, Inc., a charity organization founded by Lady Sandra Williams in December of 2014, is inviting all schools of Antigua and Barbuda to enter The Halo Foundation’s Christmas Card Competition. The competition will help to raise awareness for the Halo Foundation, Inc. which provides assistance to local organizations that support the sick, abused, lonely or needy of all ages in Antigua and Barbuda.
Within just a year, the Halo Foundation, Inc. has already provided support for the Sunshine Home for Girls, the Boys Training School and several other local organizations. In the future, the foundation plans to continue to assist organizations and individuals in need.
The art competition itself encourages creativity among the youth of Antigua and Barbuda and urges all schools on the island to participate. Applicants must be within the ages of 7 to 19 years old to enter.
The three age categories that will be judged are:
- 7-12 years old
- 13-15 years old
- 16-19 years old
Prizes to be won:
- Winners will receive a prize of $250 plus art supplies in order to encourage continued creativity.
- Runner-Ups will receive a prize of $200.
- The schools of the winners will also receive a prize for participation.
Rules of Entry:
- Applicants must be based in Antigua and Barbuda.
- Applicants must be within the ages of 7 to 19 years old.
- Artwork must be Christams-Themed and created without the assistance of an adult.
- Only one piece of artwork per applicant may be submitted.
- Applicants may use any size of appropriate art paper and their own choice of art medium.
- All applicants must write the following information (in capital letters) on the back of their artwork: Child’s Name, School Name, Email Address (of parent/guardian/teacher), Telephone Number and Age.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winners. There will be one winner and one runner-up winner selected from each of the three age categories. The schools of the winners will also receive a prize.
Artwork must be addressed to: Christmas Card Competition, The Halo Foundation, Inc., c/o Government House, Independence Avenue, St. John’s Antigua.
No late entries will be accepted. Artwork must be submitted by the competition closing date of November, 10 2015.
The winning entries will be reproduced as Christmas Cards for promotional purposes and will be on sale for purchase.
Click here for all News and Specials for Causes@antiguanice.com