NOTICE OF RACE AND SCHEDULE OF EVENTSSaturday 14th November 2009
1. The races will be governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2009-2012, this Notice and the Sailing Instructions for this Regatta.
2. Advertising - NO restrictions
3. Eligibility: All boats with a draft of 10 feet or less are eligible to enter.
4. Classification: Entries will be accepted for 6 classes, namely:- Racer; Cruiser/Racer; Cruiser; Dragon; Carriacou Sloops; Mulitihulls. The committee reserves the right to place boats in any class it sees fit and to combine classes if there are insufficient entries.
EC$175 per boat when registering at Skipper’s Briefing
6. Schedule of Events
Friday 27th November
16.00 to 18.30 hrs. Registration, 1900 hrs Skippers Briefing at The Foredeck Bar, Jolly Harbour with Sundowners and Pizza Slices from 17.00 hrs.
Saturday 28th November
10.30 hrs. RACE ONE starts outside the entrance to Jolly Harbour.
17.00 hrs. Sundowners at the Foredeck Bar, Jolly Harbour, with provisional results, followed by The Regatta Party also at the Foredeck Bar. BBQ meal 18.30 to 20.00 hrs. Live Music and dancing. Regatta Party open to everybody, NOT just Regatta competitors.
Sunday 29th November
10.30 hrs. RACE FOUR starts outside Jolly Harbour
16.30 hrs. Final Results, Prize Giving, Sundowners and Pizza slices at Foredeck Bar, Jolly Harbour.
7. Measurements: Current CSA rating certificates will form the basis for all ratings. Boats without a certificate will be allocated a rating from the CSA database of similar boats and may be subject to change.
8. Sailing Instructions will be posted at The Foredeck Bar, Jolly Harbour by 12.00 hours on Friday 27th November. Printed copies will also be available at the Skippers Briefing.
9. Venue: The sailing area for this event will be outside Jolly Harbour and in Five Islands Harbour.
10. Courses for this event are described in the sailing instructions and will be mainly short windward/leeward for racers but easier for cruisers.
11. Penalty System: The 360 rule will apply to all classes (1 tack, 1 gybe).
12. Scoring will be the low point system. It is intended to sail a series of six races. For the overall series result, one race result may be discarded. If only five races or less are completed, all races to count.
13. Berths will be available free of charge for non Jolly Harbour participants on the days of racing. Water, Electricity, etc. will be charged. Owners must notify Jolly Harbour Marina Office in advance, tel. 462-6042 or VHF Ch 68.
14. The committee boat will use VHF Ch 12
15. Prizes will be awarded to at least the first three (3) boats in each class.
16. Disclaimer: The organizing committee for this regatta do so on the understanding that they are not to be held responsible for any loss, damage or personal injury to any competitor in this Regatta. Owners/Skippers should draw the attention of all crew members to this disclaimer and to RRS fundamental Rule 4 - decision to race.
17. Insurance: It is advisable that competitors have racing cover but it is not a requirement for this Regatta.
18. For further information contact Tanner Jones 764 5910 or email or Brian Turton or see the Jolly Harbour Yacht Club website at: http://www.jhycantigua.com/regattas.html
Click here for all News and Specials for Jolly Harbour Yacht Club