CALL FOR VOLUNTOURISM IDEAS IN ANTIGUAMonday 8th August 2011
Following Carnival we are going to be covering the topic of voluntourism in our e-newsletter. Voluntourism involves taking a vacation (or part of a trip) and participating in activities centred around furthering a charitable cause where travellers are given opportunities to contribute time and/or money.
Many visitors like to give back when they travel but if they are not fully aware of the different voluntourism opportunities in Antigua they may not be able to. There are also many people living on island with the time or will to help, but again who are not aware of all the opportunities.
Our e-newsletter will be designed specifically to inform those interested in Voluntourism opportunities in Antigua. Articles will focus on news, insights, interviews, innovations and other relevant information for voluntourists coming to Antigua.
We need your help in putting together a list of all volunteer programs and events where we will the pull information from. Please let us know what your organization is doing or planning within the year or in the near future where you would like assistance and in what way.
- Time/Services – peoples help – skilled or unskilled – any particular roles and for what time. Think about is it regular or one of help.
- Products – items which your organisation needs donating to help in the daily operations that would greatly assist you to deliver the service you offer.
- Donation programme - in cash, or other.
- Internships- short term eg A day, A few days, 1 week, 2 weeks, or longer – something a tourist might be interested in committing to as part of their vacation
- Any other programmes you may have in place for help and assistance in your organisation.
- Sponsorship programmes – what do sponsors get in return for assisting you.
The more information you can give us, the more we can use to communicate the opportunities and requirements to our readers.
Please can you assist us by sending information as soon as possible so that we can work on creating an exciting newsletter.
Click here for all News and Specials for What's On