NATIONAL CLEAN UP CAMPAIGN 2018Wednesday 23rd May 2018
The National Solid Waste Management Authority and Antigua Barbuda Department of Environment are hosting a National Clean Up Campaign over May 26th - May 31st, and June 9th & 10th
Here are the simple steps to follow to get involved in Clean Up 268:
1. The country has been divided into Zones to assist the Ministries in the organization of this event.
2. Check the day your area will have bulk solid waste collections, and make sure your bulk waste is left outside your property from early in the morning.
3. Gather a group of friends, family, neighbours, work colleagues
4. Sign up for the Coastal Clean up and/or the terrestrial (Inland) clean up by filling in the form or calling Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment on 462-5522 or the Central Board of Health (CBH) on 462-1891. You must highlight which zone you are in – check the forms to see how the country is divided up.
5. Once the Department of Environment has confirmed back to you your zone (they need to make sure the whole country is covered) meet at the agreed time at the agreed start point. Although there will be some supplies of gloves, bags, drinks, and snacks they will be in limited supply, so be sure to bring some additional ones.
6. Collect garbage and drop off at the agreed points in your zone for the coastal day and on the roadside for the terrestrial day.
Forms are also available electronically by making a request to AandBcleanup2018@gmail.com or downloaded from #investingforwellness #cleanup268
Click here for all News and Specials for What's On