WHAT'S NEW FOR THE SEASONThursday 27th November 2014
As always, there are plenty of new things in Antigua and Barbuda for the season for both residents and our yachting friends from around the world. Here’s a list of some of the exciting happenings and changes for the season just steps away from the docks in the English Harbour and Jolly Harbour areas.
|Falmouth Harbour Marina
|National Sailing Academy
| Nelson’s Dockyard
- Falmouth Harbour Marina has built a new exterior wall and has added security gates at the entrance to the docks. A large water storage tank has also been installed.
- Crab Hole Liquors has expanded and now has the largest toiletry selection in the area in addition to a wide range of wines and liquors that they will deliver to your yacht from one of their two locations.
- Budget Marine now has two well-stocked locations – one in the Compton Building below the Waterfront Hostel in English Harbour and one in Jolly Harbour opposite the shopping centre.
- Jolly Harbour Marina has refurbished its male showers, has replaced ‘A’ Dock with a beautiful new concrete dock and the entrance channel has been dredged to 15 feet with a brand new set of well-lit channel markers.
- The Lodge Antigua (formerly Reef Gardens) has great budget accommodation on the National Sailing Academy premises. The National Sailing Academy recently achieved RYA status and is the only RYA Dinghy Centre in the Caribbean, also featuring a full rack of kayaks and SUPs for watersports lovers.
English Harbour Area:
- Cloggy’s Café has moved upstairs at Antigua Yacht Club Marina with gorgeous views over the harbour - perfect for long sunset drinks and Sunday brunch.
- Rusty Pelican has moved into the old Cloggy’s downstairs at Antigua Yacht Club and has theme night Wednesdays and Lunch on the Lawn on Sundays. You’ll find well-known bartender ‘Super Ron’ at Rusty Pelican.
- Club Sushi upstairs at Antigua Yacht Club has replaced its roof and extended its deck. Saturday’s are All You Can Eat Sushi nights with new chef Jhong Brion.
- Life on the Corner has added a new crew lounge out back and a great new seating area out front - perfect for big crews to eat and drink their way through the night. Lounge specials out back apply and colourful uplit palm trees at night help set the mood.
- Trappas has introduced Mojito Mondays, Kids Night Fridays and Champagne Cocktail Night Saturdays.
- Mad Mongoose has Money Mondays, WOW Wednesdays and Buddy Night Saturdays.
- Enjoy Thursday Night Reggae at Zambuka.
- HotHotHotSpot is open daily in Nelson’s Dockyard for a delicious breakfast or lunch.
- You will find host Didier DJ at Admiral’s Inn/Pillars Restaurant which feature a Theme night every Saturday and seafood nights on Thursdays.
- Abracadabra’s season parties begin November 28 with Ministry of Sound followed by a Green Party on December 27.
- Touloulou Restaurant has opened a second location in St. John’s and is now open in English Harbour on Sundays ONLY.
Jolly Harbour Area:
- The Crow’s Nest has special nights on Tuesdays and Fridays with Karaoke every Wednesday.
- Mondays at Akropolis are Greek Roast Nights and Thursdays are Big Fat Greek Buffet nights.
- Castaways features Caribbean Night on Mondays and a Karaoke Bonfire Beach Party on Fridays.
- Check out the delicious new Mayday Restaurant in the Jolly Harbour Shopping Centre featuring International cuisine.
- SugarClub invites you for Caribbean Night Mondays, 2-for-1 Steak Night Wednesdays and Seafood Night Fridays.
- Carmichael’s at Sugar Ridge features the Sunday Chill every Sunday.
- Check out the Sunday Pig Roast and Friday BBQ and DJ at Dennis Restaurant at Ffrye’s Beach
For Long Lunches in Hot Places:
- Boxer Shack near Carlisle Bay.
- Jacqui O’s Beach House at Crabbe Hill.
- Sheer Rocks at Coco Bay Resort
- Catherine’s Café on Pigeon Beach
All the old favourite haunts are open for the season and you can check out a full list of ‘What’s On’ in Antigua throughout the season by clicking here.
Click here for all News and Specials for Antigua's Yachting Insider Newsletter