ESEACLEAR COMING SOON TO ANTIGUA AND BARBUDAFriday 9th December 2011
eSeaClear, the Caribbean Pre-Arrival Notification System, is coming soon to Antigua and Barbuda. Representatives of eSeaClear have been in Antigua since early December and have been busy training Customs, Immigration and Port Authority officials to be ready to facilitate clearance by eSeaClear beginning in early 2012.
eSeaClear is an advanced online web service that makes it faster and easier to clear in and out of ports in participating locations throughout the Caribbean. Vessel operators can store and submit declaration information electronically, eliminating the need to fill in declaration forms by hand at each arrival port. Vessel operators will have the ability to:
• Notify a country of a pending arrival.
• Store vessel characteristics and crew lists.
• Easily add or update crew and passenger information.
• Edit or cancel notifications if travel plans change.
• View historical notifications.
• Utilize stored information to easily create new notifications.
• Avoid writing out declaration documents by hand.
eSeaClear will initially be available in three ports in Antigua: English Harbour, Jolly Harbour and Deep Water Harbour. Once training has been completed, implementation will begin and is expected to proceed quite quickly.
eSeaClear is expected to be officially launched in Antigua in early 2012. Watch this space for more information.
Check out the website www.eSeaClear.com for updates and further information.
Click here for all News and Specials for AntiguaNice Yachting Insider Newsletter