WICB BOARD OF DIRECTORS DECISIONSFriday 21st October 2011
Gros Islet, St Lucia – The Board of Directors of the West Indies Cricket Board met in St Lucia over the weekend and took a number of decisions pertaining to functioning of West Indies cricket. Following are highlights of some of the decisions taken and reports presented.
1. The Board received a report from the Cricket Committee which reviewed the Combined Campuses and Colleges programme. With regard to the selection of players to the CCC team, the Board approved recommendations which included the following:
(i) The principle of final priority of Territorial Board is affirmed in the selection of senior regional players.
(ii) The WICB supports the CCC's determination to establish a stable core of players in order to facilitate the development program and to produce a competitive team.
(iii) CCC to have first priority upon eligible players who have not represented territories at the senior level.
(iv) CCC to send a document to WICB before competitions establishing eligibility of CCC players.
(v) Breach of eligibility rules to attract penalties according to WICB rules.
2. The Board received a comprehensive report on the WICB Cricket Development Programme. The report highlighted that the WICB Cricket Development Programme consists of 35 different elements covering all levels of cricket.
3. The Board approved an amended Schedule of Cricket for 2011 - 2011 which includes a further expanded West Indies A Team programme, more Women’s cricket and the introduction of a WICB Under 17 Tournament.
4. The Board approved the schedule for the Caribbean Twenty20 2012. See full details in attached separate media release.
5. The Board took a definitive decision on Chris Gayle. See full details in attached separate media release.
6. President of the Guyana Cricket Board Mr. Ramsay Ali was appointed a WICB director, replacing former GCB President Mr. Chetram Singh.
7. Mr. Anthony Howard, having reached the age of retirement, retired from the post of Director of Cricket, as of August 31. His tenure was extended until November 30. The Board expressed gratitude to Mr. Howard for his services.
8. The Board received a report on the Sagicor HPC programme. Sagicor HPC will be run, as a one year programme, from May to April and the Sagicor HPC team will participate in the senior men’s regional tournaments.
Click here for all News and Specials for Cricket West Indies