NATIONAL ATHLETICS ASSOCIATION TO HOST AN IAAF TECHNICAL COURSE NEXT WEEK Friday 11th November 2011
The Antigua and Barbuda Athletic Association will be hosting a week long International Amateur Athletics Federation (IAAF) technical course for thirty (30) participants from November 14 – 18, 2011 at the National Technical Training Centre on Nugent Avenue from 2 – 8 p.m. daily.
According to President of the Association, Dr. Rodney Williams, this initiative is a part of his organization’s continuing commitment to provide human resource development opportunities for sports technicians.
Dr. Williams added that the course which is assessed as a Level I in the IAAF Technical Officials Education and Certification System (TOECS) will provide participants with:
- a deep knowledge and understanding of the IAAF Technical rules
- understanding of the role and qualities of a technical official
- appropriate interpretation and practical application of the IAAF Technical Rules
- an introduction to the basics of competition organization and management
- the prerequisite required to move on to the Level II programme
The course facilitator is well known IAAF certified trainer Ms. Esther Maynard from Barbados who has years of experience in training as well as athletics in general.
Throughout the five day thirty three hours (33) course candidates will study the rules and apply them to practical situations.
Successful candidates will be required to officiate on four occasions within a one year period.
Click here for all News and Specials for Education, Sports, Gender & Youth Affairs