CARIFESTA 2021 LOGO COMPETITIONTuesday 15th October 2019
St. John’s, Antigua. The Ministry of Sports, Culture, National Festivals and the Arts is pleased to launch the “CARIFESTA 2021 Logo Competition”.
Making the announcement, Minister with responsibility for Sports, Culture, National Festivals and the Arts, Honourable Daryll Matthew disclosed that the final logo should be an all-encompassing design, which depicts a holistic expression of Caribbean culture, festivals and arts. He added that our beloved Nation, ‘Antigua and Barbuda’ being a first-time, and the next, host of CARIFESTA XV in 2021 should serve as an inspiration to all citizens and residents, who have a sense of national pride, to participate in the competition.
The competition is open to all citizens and residents of Antigua and Barbuda.
• Criteria for host country logo represents the essence of the host country, elements or integration of
some country icon or element.
• Represents or reflects the CARICOM or Caribbean.
• Easily adapted for marketing and advertising in various media, channels, print, TV and merchandise.
• It should not have too many colours or be too large that it cannot be easily reproduced.
Should also be able to be animated for use in the digital space.
• Should not be offensive in any way to the locals or the Caribbean people.
• Must also include the following, "CARIFESTA XV Antigua and Barbuda 2021"
• Digital artwork must be submitted in jpeg, png or pdf formats.
How to Enter:
• Entries can be submitted either electronically or physically.
• Electronic submissions must be emailed to email@example.com inclusive of the entrant’s name,
age, address, phone number, email address and a description of your design in no more than
• Physical entries should be hand-delivered to Office of the Antigua and Barbuda Festivals Commission
located on the 1st floor of the Cecil George-John Building on the corner of Redcliffe Street & Corn
Alley. The package should include the hard copy of the design, entrant’s name, age, address, phone
number, email address and a description of your design in no more than 200 words.
• The competition will close at 12:00 am (Midnight) on Friday 29th November 2019.
One overall winner will be selected. The designer of the winning entry will receive a prize of $3,500 Eastern Caribbean Dollars.
The winning design will become the property of the Government of Antigua and Barbuda as it will be used for the hosting of CARIFESTA XV 2021. It will be utilized on all print and digital platforms, at all events, in all promotions as desired by the Ministry of Sports, Culture, National Festivals and the Arts for the festival.
Click here for all News and Specials for Sports, Trade, Industry and Commerce & Culture