REPEAT GUEST OF GRAND PINEAPPLE SPREADS CHEERMonday 25th February 2013
Mr. Kris Kirkland better known as “football grand-dad” is a repeating guests to the Grand Pineapple Antigua for the last five (5) years; Mr. Kirkland was a Deputy Principal for eighteen years at the Wootan Bassett School, now is retired and living in Portsmouth yet still involved in coaching football within the school.
Annually Mr. Kirkland makes sporting donations along with stationaries towards the Willikies Primary School, Pares Secondary and newly adopted school on this vacation – Willikies Day Care and Pre-School.
Please see the below items donated for each school.
Pre – school nursery:
- Ponchos and stationery all donated by the Manager, and staff at Sainsbury’s Farlington Portsmouth.
Willikies Primary School:
- A complete set of football kit i.e. shirts, shorts, and socks plus a kit bag donated by Jeremy Newton at Swindon Town F.C.
- Stationary donated by Sainsbury’s at Farlington, Portsmouth.
- Footballs and training cones donated by Chris and Maureen.
Pares Secondary School:
- Netballs donated by Grange Junior School Gosport.
- 4 sets of new training bibs, training cones, footballs ,football pump, football coaching books and an engraved trophy for the most valued player in the football team donated by Chris and Maureen.
- T shirts for the girls netball team for training donated by Pompey in the Community Portsmouth.
- Two Manchester United track suits and sports items donated by Don Rogers Sports.
All the above items were brought over in two extra cases one of which was allowed free of charge by Virgin Atlantic Airways and the other paid for by the proceeds of a raffle which also allowed us to purchase more sports gear to donate.
Guests stated “We are very grateful to Sainsbury’s, VirginAtlantic Airways,Swindon Town FC , Pompey in the Community, Grange Junior School, Don Rogers Sports and various individuals who have made this Community effort possible.
We have also appreciated the help given by the management team at the Grand Pineapple in particular Barbara Thomas Director of Guest services who has co-ordinated these visits over the last five years.”
Obrian Heron - Hotel Manager (Grand Pineapple Antigua) who was present at the presentation commented; 'We are proud of the impact the Sandals Foundation continues to make in the lives of Antiguans. We are excited to have multiple repeaters to Grand Pineapple Beach Resort – Christopher and Maureen Kirkland, who make it a point of their duty to give back to the community on each of their visits.'
Click here for all News and Specials for Pineapple Beach Club