PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR HIGH NET WORTH INDIVIDUALS
In June 1995, the government introduced a permanent residence scheme to encourage a limited number of high net worth individuals to establish tax residency tax in Antigua and Barbuda. As residents all their income would be free of local tax. To obtain a permanent residence certificate an applicant must:
- Maintain a permanent place of abode in Antigua and Barbuda;
- Obtain an alien landholding licence costing 5% of the property value;
- Pay a purchaser's stamp duty of 2.50%;
- Pay an annual levy of US$20,000/annum;
- Reside in Antigua and Barbuda for not less than 30 days a year.