EARLY PAYMENT & CREW GEAR DEADLINES, NEW CLUB CLASS AND MOREMonday 27th February 2017
ASW - Press Release: Friday, February 24th, 2017.
Dear Competitors, Sailors, Friends:
For those of you who have already entered Antigua Sailing Week 2017, we’re delighted that you’ll be joining us. For those who have not yet entered, now is the time . . . especially if you want to take advantage of discounted entry fees and customized Gill crew merchandise for your team.
Plans for the 50th edition of Antigua Sailing Week are shaping up nicely, as is the entry list. We currently have 121 entries in Antigua Sailing Week, 39 in the Peters & May Round Antigua Race and 17 in the Guadeloupe to Antigua Race and building. This is a year you don’t want to miss!
Concerned that we don’t have a class for you to race in? Read all about our new Club Class created especially for the 50th edition of Antigua Sailing Week.
We’d like to bring a couple of deadlines to your attention:
Tuesday, February 28th is the deadline for the discounted entry fee of US $10 per foot of measured overall length. Effective March 1st, the regular entry fee of US $12 per foot will be applicable. Why not spend the money on merchandise and drinks rather than increased entry fees by paying online no later than Tuesday, February 28th?
Tuesday, February 28th is also the deadline for customized Gill crew merchandise. We have a great range of technical gear and polos, all with UV protection. The range will be available right up to the time of the event, but delivery of customized goods in time for the regatta won’t be possible unless orders are confirmed by February 28. More information is available here: https://www.sailingweek.com/place-your-50th-asw-gill-crew-gear-order-now.
Antigua Sailing Week sponsor Virgin Atlantic is offering discounted flights to participants of Antigua Sailing week, as well as to friends and family coming as spectators. To take advantage of the discounted fares, please click here:https://www.sailingweek.com/virgin-atlantic. Flights are booking up quickly so be sure to make your reservation soon.
Peters & May, Antigua Sailing Week’s official yacht transport and logistics partner, is offering discounts on shipping options to ASW participants. If you haven’t already received a shipping quote from Peters & May, and to take advantage of this opportunity email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call tel: +442380 480 468.
New Club Class for Antigua Sailing Week:
Antigua Sailing Week has a new Club Class for 2017. This Class is open to sailors who want to participate in the on-the-water action but who may not take their racing as seriously as others and don’t want to incur all the usual expenses. The Class will run as follows:
- The entry fee for the ASW Club Class is US$8 per foot of measured overall length.
- The Class will be scored using Progressive Handicapping.
- All entrants will be provided with a CSA Simplified Rating prior to the first day of racing.
- After racing, the speed of each boat relative to every other boat will be calculated by the results program and individual ratings will be adjusted accordingly on a daily basis and expressed as a performance index. The indices will be averaged from race to race and the averages will become new TCFs for the next race. The calculation is based on an internationally recognized and used program and will not be subjective.
- All class participants must accept the Progressing Handicapping procedures.Otherwise, they would be more suited to a CSA racing class.
- Acceptance of entries into the Club Class are solely is solely at the discretion of the Organising Authority.
- It will not be necessary for boats in the Class to obtain a full CSA Rating. A CSA Simplified Rating will be issued prior to the first day’s racing at a cost of US$50.
- Boats that already have full CSA Ratings may enter the Class but will still be issued a CSA Simplified Rating in advance of racing.
- There will be one race per day for the Class. Only single headsail with or without pole will be allowed.
- No downwind sails, including mizzen staysails, are acceptable.
The intent of the Class is to make Antigua Sailing Week more accessible to less serious racers at a lower cost. It’s designed for those who want to have fun while participating in the on-the-water action.
If you have questions or require further information on the Club Class, please contact: email@example.com.
Click here for all News and Specials for Antigua Sailing Week