VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR WANTEDMonday 8th January 2018
The School Art Competition first took place in 1968 with the first Antigua Sailing Week and was created by Desmond and Lisa Nicholson. At that point it was called the Signboard Competition and until this day one entry is picked to be posted on the signboard at Cobbs Cross to welcome people to the area for Antigua Sailing Week.
The competition was created as a way to gain community involvement in Antigua Sailing Week and until this day that still holds true. In 2017 there was over 200 entries in the competition and sponsors such as LIAT, the Caribbean Airline, Harper's Office Depot and Big Banana gave fantastic prizes to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners in each category.
The position is part of the shoreside events team for Antigua Sailing Week and includes responsibility for the following:
• Confirming the theme for the competition in collaboration with the event and any title sponsor
• Meet with team coordinating the competition
• Liaise with schools and promote the event to the schools
• Approach sponsors for prizes
• Organise for the printing and erection of the winning signboard poster
• Produce entry form and distribute to schools
• Organise erection of winning artwork at the Copper and Lumber Hotel
• Advise all winners of their position and invite to the prize giving
• Co-ordinate the prize giving and organise hospitality and running order.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of interest to Rana Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for all News and Specials for Antigua Sailing Week