JHYC VALENTINE'S REGATTA JUST AROUND THE CORNERMonday 24th January 2011
NOTICE OF RACE
JOLLY HARBOUR YACHT CLUB
VALENTINE'S REGATTA 2011
1. The races will be governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2009-2012, this Notice and the Sailing Instructions for this Regatta.
2. Advertising - NO restrictions
3. Eligibility: All boats with a draft of 10 feet or less are eligible to enter.
4. Classification: Boats will be assigned to one of three classes-
"Cruiser", "Performance Cruiser" or "Racer"
5. Fees: EC$200 payable at registration the online form is found at -
6. Schedule of Events
Friday 11th February
17.00 to 18.30 hrs. Registration and Skippers Briefing at Al Porto’s, Jolly Harbour
Saturday 13th November
10.30 hrs. RACE ONE starts outside the entrance to Jolly Harbour.
17.00 hrs. Sundowners at Al Porto’s, Jolly Harbour, with provisional results, followed by Valentines Regatta Dinner Regatta Party at The Foredeck Bar, Jolly Harbour
Sunday 14th November
10.30 hrs. RACE FIVE starts outside Jolly Harbour
16.30 hrs. Final Results, Prize Giving at Al Porto’s, Jolly Harbour.
7. Measurements: Current CSA rating certificates will form the basis for all ratings. Boats without a certificate will be allocated a rating from the CSA database of similar boats and may be subject to change.
8. Sailing Instructions will be posted at Al Porto’s, Jolly Harbour by 12.00 hours on Friday 11th February. Printed copies will also be available at the Skippers Briefing.
9. Venue: The sailing area for this event will be outside Jolly Harbour and in Five Islands Harbour
10. Courses for this event are described in the sailing instructions.
11. Penalty System: Where the required penalty is a turn, boats shall move to clear water and perform a ‘360*’ turn, involving one tack and one gybe
12. Scoring will be the low point system; three (3) races constitute a series, all races to count.
13 Protests – In the spirit of friendly sailing these are discouraged – This means the onus is on boats not cause a protest. It is not meant that boats meekly accept being ‘fouled’. Protest protocol will be given in the Sailing Instuctions
14. The committee boat will use VHF Ch 12
15. Prizes will be awarded to at least the first three (3) boats in each class.
16. Disclaimer: The organizing committee for this regatta do so on the understanding that they are not to be held responsible for any loss, damage or personal injury to any competitor in this Regatta. Owners/Skippers should draw the attention of all crew members to this disclaimer and to RRS fundamental Rule 4 - decision to race.
17. Insurance: It is advisable that competitors have racing cover but it is not a requirement for this Regatta.
18. For further information contact Nick White 771 3319 or email email@example.com or see the Jolly Harbour Yacht Club website at http://www.jhycantigua.com/regattas.html
Click here for all News and Specials for Jolly Harbour Yacht Club