NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETINGFriday 21st October 2016
Notice is Hereby Given that the Annual General Meeting (‘AGM’) of the Antigua and Barbuda Marine Association (‘ABMA’) will be held at 6:00 pm on Thursday, November 10, 2016 in the Events Centre, at the Antigua Yacht Club, English Harbour, Antigua.
All members in good standing are invited to attend the meeting (outstanding membership fees can be paid at registration prior to the meeting).
• The Agenda for the AGM can be viewed using this link
• Minutes of the 2014 AGM can be view using this link
• Please advise the secretariat of your intention to attend the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• In accordance with ABMA By-law 23.1 each Delegate shall be entitled to one (1) vote in person or by proxy on all motions placed before a meeting, and in the event of a tie vote, a representative of the Board shall be entitled to one (1) vote. Written confirmation of proxy votes shall be presented to the Secretary in person or via electronic means at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to the start of the meeting at which they will be exercised. Each Delegate is entitled to hold no more than one (1) proxy vote. The proxy shall be in the following form
‘I, the undersigned member of the Antigua and Barbuda Marine Association Inc., hereby appoint [name and address] and failing him [name and address] as the nominee of the undersigned to attend and act for the undersigned and on behalf of the undersigned at the meeting of members of the ABMA to be held on [date and place] and at any adjournment or adjournments thereof in the same manner, to the same extent and with the same powers as if the undersigned were present at the said meeting or such adjournment or adjournments thereof.
Dated this [day] day of [month, year].’
Please email any proxy’s to email@example.com
• In accordance with ABMA By-Law 25.1 we attach a list of proposed changes to the by-laws. These will be voted on at the AGM. To reference the full set of by-laws please click here http://abma.ag/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/ABMA-By-Laws-2016-Final-Schedule-A.pdf (these are also posted at the bottom of the objectives page on the website).
• In accordance with ABMA By-law 16.3, please find attached the slate of directors proposed by the nominating committee. In accordance with ABMA By-Law 16.4 nominations for all positions may also be submitted by Members to the Secretary if received at least forty-eight (48) prior to the Annual General Meeting. Such nominations shall be in writing and shall be supported by the signatures of at least five (5) Members.
If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call tel:734-6366
Click here for all News and Specials for Antigua & Barbuda Marine Association