ANTIGUA YACHT CLUB SUMMER FUN CAMP & CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMEThursday 13th June 2013
Session 1: (Certificate Program) 1st – 5th and 8th – 12th July EC$180 per week 9:30 a.m. – 12 noon. Also available 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. This is a two week course.
Session 2: (Fun Camp) 15th – 18th July EC$280 per week 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Session 3: (Certificate Program) 22nd – 26th July and 29th July – 2nd August EC$180 per week 9:30 a.m. – 12 noon. Also available 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. This is a two week course.
5th & 6th August are public holidays - activities will continue the following week.
Session 4: (Fun Camp) 12th – 15th August EC$280 per week 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Session 5: (Certificate Program) 19th – 23rd August and 26th – 30th August EC$180 per week 9:30 a.m. – 12 noon. Also available 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. This is a two week course.
Two week certificate course which teaches sailing and seamanship skills. Boats used are: Optimist, Lasers and Laser Pico.
• Students will be advised in advance of the activities for the following day - they must bring the appropriate clothing and equipment.
• All students should bring sun block, water and a towel every day.
• They must bring their lunch with them on arrival in the morning.
• No student will be allowed off the AYC compound at any time to visit shops etc.
• The list of activities may include, but not be limited, to the following:
1. ABSAR - First Aid and safety instruction (2 hours)
2. Hiking local trails – sneakers or similar footwear advised
3. Fishing – fishing gear required
4. Snorkeling – bring mask/snorkel/fins
5. Beach games - usually after lunch
6. Sailing games – usually after lunch
7. Sailing excursion – Summer Cloud (weather permitting)
8. Rowing instruction and competition.
• Lunch will be 30 mins – usually at noon – either at AYC or at the beach.
• Hours will be 09:30 – 14.30
• Fee: EC$280 per student. Payment secures a spot. Discount for 2nd & 3rd student
Ages: 8 – 18 years old.
Click here for all News and Specials for Antigua Yacht Club